Web site...

http://www.rideflame.co.uk
So finally...
Got my act together enough...
Revised html

And began to upload to my server space.
Eventually it will be  a fairly extensive collection of pages that  are more picture than words.

To give you enough information to make sense of terms such as sigma point, and ecliptic, to enable you to make educated guesses about a monument or a location, or how you would go about making something....

I began writing this when I realised that astronomy books are not so good at describing what I see from the ground. I needed to be able to imagine where in the sky the equator actually is; I didn't understand how the sun could rise at east everywhere, at the equinox. Precession gave me a terrible headache! And I spent a whole day so perplexed by where the moon must be in relation to the ecliptic...because the language used in astronomy books can get in the way of understanding....

I assumed because the books are for people more intelligent than me!

But on the other hand...
Definitions in astronomy books assume more knowledge than I had at that time, and are written for people who are trying to understand space. In which case, the movement of the planets and stars are no longer so significant. The days of checking to see if another month should be added because the Pleiades cannot be seen at the equinox, are long gone!

The site is a work-in-progress.
And this space has been good as a notebook.

Comments